2nd Offline Reinforcement Learning Workshop
December 14, 2021
- Offline RL using datasets unrelated or loosely-related to the task of interest
- Real-world domains and benchmarks for offline RL
- Cross-validation, model selection and hyperparameter tuning in offline settings
- Accelerating lifelong and continual learning via offline RL
- Novel application domains for offline RL, e.g., black-box optimization.
- Beyond pessimistic offline RL algorithms: generalization and uncertainty quantification
- Optimization, stability and learning dynamics of offline RL algorithms
- Theoretical understanding of offline RL methods
- Practical applications of offline RL and how these guide novel problem formulations
- Connections with related areas (e.g., causal inference, optimization, self-supervised learning, uncertainty)
For a summary of questions we are particularly excited about, please visit the front page. We welcome theoretical and/or empirical contributions. We are especially excited about work at the intersection of several of these questions.
We shall accept submissions of up to 8 pages of content (with no limit on references and supplementary material) that have not been previously accepted at an archival venue (such as ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR). While up to 8 pages of content is allowed, we strongly encourage authors to limit their submission to 4-6 pages, to ensure higher quality reviewer feedback. Papers can utilize any style file they want (for e.g., ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR) and should be anonymized for double blind review. We'll try to ensure that each paper receives 3 reviews.
Evaluation Criteria: We plan to evaluate papers on clarity, potential impact, significance, and novelty of the proposed ideas. We are happy to accept works-in-progress to encourage discussion at the workshop. All accepted papers will be advertised on the workshop website in the form of a poster or recorded talk videos and camera-ready papers and are non-archival. We will also select a small number of papers as contributed talks, which would be livestreamed during the workshop.
|Day of workshop||December 14, 2021|
|Submission site opens||August 20, 2021|
|Submission deadline||October 6, 2021, AoE|
|Reviewing starts||October 7, 2021|
|Reviews due||October 19, 2021, 11:59pm Pacific|
|Decisions announced||October 25, 2021, 11:59pm Pacific|
|Camera-ready and video submission due||December 1, 2021, 11:59pm Pacific|